Toronto Breast Augmentation, Facts and Figures

It is helpful to know something about the procedure before making your decision

Many people are surprised to hear that since 2006, breast augmentation remains at the top of the list when it comes to the most popular types of cosmetic surgery.

In fact, it’s been estimated that over 279,000 procedures are performed every year. The unwavering popularity of the procedure is also testament to how safe it’s considered to be.To feel secure with your decision, it can be helpful to understand some of the terminology surrounding the breast enhancement. At Avenue Plastic Surgery in Toronto, Breast Augmentation is the name of the surgery used to enhance the breast. Breast Implants are the devices placed inside the breast to improve their size and shape, and they may be either silicone or saline.

Research has shown that of the breast augmentations performed every year, around 80% of these utilized silicone implants, whereas saline implants were used for the remaining 20%. The primary reason that silicone implants tend to be more popular, despite their higher price tag, is the more natural look and feel they provide. They are also less prone to rippling than their saline counterparts, making them a safer choice as a long-term investment. However, it’s important to consider that with a silicone implant, since the implant size is determined prior to the surgery, the incision required is a little larger than with a saline implant that is inflated after it’s been inserted.


The Difference Between A Breast Augmentation And A Breast lift

Some patients also tend to feel confused by the difference between a breast augmentation and a breast lift. A Breast Lift is an entirely different procedure, which can be performed one its own or can also be combined with a breast augmentation to restore sagging breasts to their natural position on the body. If you have noticed that your breasts have begun to sag, you might wonder if there are solutions beyond good push up bras to help you. Unfortunately, once volume and elasticity has been lost from the breasts, the only way to restore it is through a breast lift procedure, which removes excess skin. Although you may do exercises to strengthen your pectoral muscles, it will not impact the breast tissue itself. Even though exercise can lead to an increase in inches around the chest, it’s unable to actually increase the cup size of the breast or reduce excess skin.

The Passage Of Time

Another factor to consider when choosing breast implants is the passage of time. For those who receive a breast implant at a relatively young age, pregnancy, weight loss and aging may change the look and feel of their breasts over time. While this is normal, patients will often choose a breast lift to restore a more youthful look down the road. To get the best results of your procedure, it’s important to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with specific expertise in breast augmentation procedures.

When it comes to Breast Augmentation in Toronto, Avenue Plastic Surgery is well known as one of the top choices. With it’s state of the art clinic, housing two Royal College Certified Plastic Surgeons, patients have peace of mind that they are receiving best in class care and the most optimal results from their procedure. If you are ready to discuss your options, we invite you to contact our clinic to set up a consultation with one of our experts today.

Book a Consult

Meet Our Surgeons

Dr. Golger

Doctor's Bio

Meet Our Surgeons

Dr. Romy

Doctor's Bio

Meet Our Surgeons

Dr . Golger

Doctor's Bio

Meet Our Surgeons

Dr . Romy

Doctor's Bio


Learn more about breast augmentation

Book A Consultation

Ready to take the plunge? Book a consultation with us.

Book An Appointment

Share This